REMOTE ACCESS TO GODDARD LIBRARY’S ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
To access Goddard Library’s electronic resources from outside the campus network (remote access), you must:
- be a currently enrolled UCR student, or a current UCR faculty/staff member
- have a valid UCR library/student ID card
- have an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- configure your web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox)
Goddard Library allows remote access to a variety of electronic resources using a proxy server. The UCR proxy server enables you to access our electronic resources by authenticating that you are a valid UCR member.Note:
Winona State University Rochester students who wish to login to Krueger Library to access WSU databases and electronic resources will use their WSU network/email login and password (login name goes in the barcode box and password in the password box).
Starting the UCR Proxy Server
- Start your web browser and select the electronic resource that you wish to use from the library's website.
- If the following window appears. Click “OK.”
- At this window, click “Yes.”
- This is the proxy server logon form. Here you “authenticate” yourself as a current UCR student/faculty/staff.
Barcode field: type in the barcode on the back of your student ID card.
Password: Your last name. (Sometimes it’s only the first 8 letters of the last name.)
- When this message appears, click “Yes.”
- You should now be in your selected electronic resource.
Exiting the UCR Proxy Server
- Log-off or exit the article database.
- Exit or restart your web browser.
REMOTE ACCESS TO DARRELL W. KRUEGER LIBRARY'S ELECTRONIC RESOURCES FOR WSU ROCHESTER
As of Fall 2009, Goddard Library will no longer issue proxy cards. Current WSU staff and students will be able to login remotely to Krueger Library's electronic resources and databases using their WSU network login and password (login name goes in the barcode box and password in the password box).
Library Technical Assistance- Available Mondays-Fridays, between 8:00am - 4:00pm. Call 507-285-7233.
|Library Home||UCR Home||Ask a Librarian||Chat with a Librarian||Feedback or Comments|
University Center Rochester
851 30th Avenue Southeast
Rochester, MN 55904-4999
(507) 285-7233 | FAX (507) 281-7772
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator