- What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Interlibrary Loan, or ILL is a service where if Goddard Library does not own the book, article, video or other materials we will try and borrow it from another library for you.
- Who is eligible?
- RCTC and WSU-R faculty
- RCTC and WSU-R currently registered students
- RCTC and WSU-R staff
- How do I use Interlibrary Loan?
- Check the Library Catalog and Journal Finder to verify that Goddard Library does not own the item. Login to the Library Catalog - "My Account" with your STAR ID and password, or your campus ID barcode and password. Fill out and submit the appropriate ILL form:
Books (& Other Materials) Request
- How much does it cost?
- The Interlibrary Loan service is free to use.
- How long does it take?
- Articles are usually filled within 24-48 hours. Books take approximately 3-5 days to arrive. You can check your account online or you may call Goddard Library (507) 285-7233 to check the status of your request. You will receive an email through your campus email address when your material arrives.
- What is generally NOT AVAILABLE through Interlibrary Loan?
- Materials owned by Goddard Library
- Textbooks for current classes
- Whole issues or volumes of journals
- Maps and atlases
- Software and CD-ROMs
- Rare, fragile, and special collection books or materials
- Reference books
***NOTE: Materials requested through interlibrary loan cannot be put on reserve.
- What are my responsibilities?
Return interlibrary loan material on time.
You are liable for any lost or damaged material. The lending library will determine the costs, fines and processing fees for which you are liable.
|Library Home||RCTC Home||Ask a Librarian||Chat with a Librarian||Feedback or Comments|
University Center Rochester
851 30th Avenue Southeast
Rochester, MN 55904-4999
(507) 285-7233 | FAX (507) 281-7772
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator