- Goddard library has a collection of more than 80,000 books, both print and electronic. Use the online catalog to find books.
- Goddard Library subscribes to more than 13,000 journals and magazines in print and electronic format. Periodicals cannot be checked out of the library. Photocopy machines are available for patron use. The Library also subscribes to dozens of electronic resources that provide full-text articles from a variety of periodicals. The Periodical Holdings List contains information for both our print and electronic collections. Click here to go to the Periodical Holdings List.
- Reference Collection
- Reference books are books containing useful facts or specially organized information, such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, yearbooks, etc. Print books are designated by “REF” above the call number on the spine. These books do not leave the library.
- Goddard Library also subscribes to dozens of electronic reference books accessible from home. Find these under the eReference tab.
- Course Reserves
- RCTC and WSU-Rochester faculty may place materials in special demand on reserve. Reserve materials may be requested at the Circulation desk. Loan periods are determined by the faculty member.
- Non-print Collections
- The library has a large collection of DVDs along with a subscription to Films on Demand, a library of more than 20,000 streaming videos. There are also over 120 videos captured by the library and streaming off the college server.
- College Teaching Collection (CTC)
- A collection aimed at teaching faculty located on the 2nd floor in the Reference section. Included are books on college teaching methods and philosophy, assessment, service learning, studying abroad, online teaching, etc. The books may be checked out for 28 days. To search the catalog for these books, just enter CTC as a keyword.
|Library Home||RCTC Home||Ask a Librarian||Chat with a Librarian||Feedback or Comments|
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30th Avenue Southeast
Rochester, MN 55904-4999
(507) 285-7233 | FAX (507) 281-7772
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator