Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Understand the evacuation plan.
- Know that evacuation diagrams are conspicuously posted in every classroom.
- Know at least two ways out of the building from your regular workspace.
When You Hear the Evacuation Alarm Or Are Verbally Told To Begin Evacuating The Building:
- Remain calm.
- Leave quickly.
- Try to make sure that everyone in your immediate vicinity hears the alarm and evacuates the area.
- As you exit, quickly check nearby restrooms, copier rooms, storage rooms, elevators, etc.
- If requested, accompany and assist persons with disabilities who appear to need direction or assistance.
- Take with you: essential personal items ONLY. Do not attempt to take large or heavy objects.
- Shut all doors behind you as you go. Closed doors can slow the spread of fire, smoke and water.
- Proceed as quickly as possible but in an orderly manner. Do not push or shove. Hold handrails when you are using stairs.
- Once out of the building, proceed to the nearest Code Blue emergency pole located in parking lot.