Procedure for Dealing with a Chemical Spill
If toxic chemicals come in contact with your skin, immediately flush the affected area with clear water.
- If you need medical attention contact 911, or Security at 507-285-7262
- If there is any possible danger, evacuate your area.
If a Chemical Fire Occurs:
- Remain calm.
- Call 911 by using an emergency phone or by dialing 9-911 from a campus telephone
- Call security at 507-285-7262
- If the fire is small and you have received training, attempt to put it out with a fire extinguisher or other available means. Do not jeopardize your personal safety.
- Never allow the fire to come between you and an exit.
- Evacuate your area if you are unable to put out the fire. Close doors and windows behind you to confine the fire. Proceed to an exit.
- Do not break windows. Oxygen feeds a fire.
- Do not attempt to save possessions at the risk of personal injury.
- Do not return to the emergency area until instructed to do so by Campus Security, Police or Fire Department officials.